Insequence.com |   Customer Portal   | Login

Database Maintenance

Index Forums Data Management (IDS) – Reports Database Maintenance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tina Rion
    Admin

We have just set up a new site and already have all Insequence software installed. When we open Load manager or the host applications it says that Database maintenance is overdue. The problem comes when we actually open the Database maintenance application. When we attempt to run the process, we get a halt. The message simply says “An error occurred while processing the database backups. SPD pro Database Purge could not complete.”

What is the reason for this and how do we fix this issue?

Tina Rion
      Admin

Eric,

I ran into this problem on site at YF04 in Belvidere. I was totally confused but after further researching DB Maintenance I found the set up is really critical if the application runs correctly. Look to see where the backup files are going. Full backups, need to be on a dedicated local drive where it can be stored. Another issue you should look at is making sure all properties are linking to the same folder. Make sure the archived data files are routed to back up folder. If you see multiples folders where files are being backed up this could be preventing files to be purged.Make sure you have purge profile set up as well. Let me know if this helps you out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.