Insequence.com |   Customer Portal   | Login

SQL Reporting Services script

Index Forums Data Management (IDS) – Reports Reports SQL Reporting Services script

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tina Rion
    Admin

Can someone illustrate the proper setting needed to run the reporting services script. The instructions seem incomplete. For example I followed the path given (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\RS.EXE” )and it does not exist. I changed it to 120 because that was a valid path. Furthermore its shows in the document a non-existing IP address. I updated the IP with the sites IP and the script still fails. Can someone offer a more complete explanation of the variables needed to properly run this script?

Tina Rion
      Admin

To properly run the Report Service script, the three lines in the script that would need to be look at would be the ‘Set ScriptLocation’, ‘Set ReportServer’, and ‘Set RS’.

For the ‘Set ScriptLocation’, change the drive letter to where the script is located on the server. Most common mistake is the user created a ReportScript folder inside another folder.

For the ‘SetReportServer’, the best common practice would to go into the Report Service Configuration Manager and copy the link given under the tab ‘Web Service URL’.

For the ‘Set RS’, in the documentation it states what numbers to change. However the numbers are important as it relates to the version of SQL the server is running. Below are the list of SQL versions and the number relate to them.

100 – Sql Server 2008
        110 – Sql Server 2012
        120 – Sql Server 2014
        130 – Sql Server 2016

Also remember that if the report script you are trying to run is version 8.0 then the black screen on the command prompt does not populate like the screenshot in the documentation. However you would need it is working by looking at the top bar on the command prompt to see if it is moving and also checking the ‘RS Scripter Load Log.txt’ in the folder.

Tina Rion
        Admin

I was able to get the script to run correctly with the above mentioned recommendations. Below is an example of the variables used for the script to run correctly.

Starting Load at Mon 07/24/2017 10:55:37.06
          SCRIPTLOCATION = C:\ReportScripts\
          REPORTSERVER = http://inalfaprimary/ReportServer_INALPHAPRIMARY
          BACKUPLOCATION =
          SCRIPTLEVEL = SQL2005
          TIMEOUT = 60
          RS = “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\RS.EXE”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.